Roop Niwas Kothi
The Roop Niwas was founded in 1737 by Thakur Nawal Singhji, a warrior ans statesman renowned in history and folklore. Originally built as a country house on 150 acres of land used for stabling and grazing the family’s favourite horses, the property eventually became the permanent residence (kothi) of the royal family whose arms are displayed on the gate. Rawal Madan Singhji rennovated the property in a contemporary style in 1928. Rawal Devendra Singh opened his ancestral home as a hotel in 1981.
This is an evening view of a room facing the garden at the Roop Niwas Kothi.
Return to the Indian Adventure Home Page.